How to get started in Vietnam?First decision point is will you produce your own styles or choose from a catalog provided by the factory? This is OEM vs ODM. OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer and you provide the design while the factory just produces. ODM stands for original design manufacturer and the factory provides designing and manufacturing. Vietnam is 99% OEM. China is good at ODM. Do you have your own designs? If yes, Vietnam is a good place to start sourcing production. If no, then I recommend China.
Second decision point is how will we start working together?
You provide me a tech pack. (Download)
You provide me a quantity breakdown list. (Download)
I get a price quote.
I get a sample for you.
I do quality control for you.
Your freight forwarding company ships to you.
This is simplified but basically that is how it works.
If you like to read and learn then I recommend my books:
Let's meet on Skype or WhatsApp (Free, book appointment here)
Hire me for:
- Consulting ($50/hour)
- Factory Introductions by Email($100/factory)
- Factory Visits($500/day)
- Design/Development/Production($1,000/month,1 Style, 1 Color, 1,000 pieces)
I recommend we start with a one hour consultation.
I ask that you pay me in advance using Pay Pal ([email protected])
I use the attached worksheets to brainstorm with you and come up with an action plan.
You choose what we discuss or I will lead the conversation.
- Home Are you sourcing ladies woven fashion factory in Vietnam? Are you looking for fabric only or fabric and cut and sew service? May I help you?
- Sublimation Printing Factories Sublimation printing in Vietnam has finally come of age in Vietnam. What quantity will you produce? Do you need offset dye sub or digital dye sub? I can help.
- Apparel Trade Shows Which Apparel manufacturing trade show is best for you? I have exhibited in Vegas, Hong Kong and Saigon. May I share my insight?
- Free Trade Agreements Vietnam Free Trade Agreements with EU, Russia and TPP countries are a reality. Learn more how you can benefit.
- Flatlocking in Vietnam Does your garment need flatlocking machines in Vietnam. I work for a company that has 50 flat seaming machines makeing active wear. May I introduce you?
- Flat Seam Sewing Machines Flat seam sewing machines in Vietnam are rare. They are used for sportswear that stretches and bounces back! I can assist you to find them and produce your collection.
- Blog Our blog covers textile developments in Vietnam. As we discover new spinning, knitting, dyeing and sewing techniques we share...
- Sewing Services There are many women clothing manufacturers in Ho Chi Minh city. What type of fabric do you use? I can help you source fabric and sewing. Lets chat.
- Fabrics Sourcing textiles in Vietnam with Oeko Tex Certification according to your pantone colors and weight is not easy. I can help.
- Factory Photos Ladies Fashion Garment Factory Photos. Get an inside view of Made Clothing textile sewing factory in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Map to Factory Ready made garments in Vietnam are being produced by large factories at cheap prices. Allow me to introduce you to those factories.
- Sitemap Chris Walker knows the Textile Industry in Vietnam. He has lived in Vietnam since 2008 and worked with two garment companies.
- Contact Chris I work for a children clothing manufacturer producing cotton spandex fabric in Saigon, Vietnam. May I introduce you to the boss?